X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

PowerDVD Low Playback Volume Solved

I don't know if the same topic has been posted here before (I rarely frequent this section), but anyway, here I go.

I was browsing through another forum and stumbled upon a registry fix for PowerDVD's very low playback volume. I don't have the link to that thread (still looking for it) for reference sake, but anyway, the fix is simply like this:

1. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD'
    2. Create a DWORD entry with name 'master volume control'
    3. Assign value '00000018' to it

Once again, I'm sorry if the same topic has been posted here. Hopefully, this is of some use to fellow PowerDVD users and stand to be converted into a sticky thread for future readers.
  • Alien
    • Mar 2003

I think this doesn't work for DTS tracks, only for AC3, but great way to amplify volume in PDVD anyway.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I should add that the later patch for PowerDVD XP 4 (Build 2417) actually disables this volume fix and I have been unable to look for an alternative fix.

Comment

• Alien
        • Mar 2003

Do you mean it disables the whole fix, or just DTS tracks amplification? Because I'm using build 2417 and for AC3 it still works.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Alien
          Do you mean it disables the whole fix, or just DTS tracks amplification? Because I'm using build 2417 and for AC3 it still works.
          Ok. Don't heed my words about the fix being broken. I just tried playing a DVD again and the fix is back. This is for AC3 track. Can't say anything about DTS tracks since I have no DVDs with DTS track available near me.

Comment

• Alien
            • Mar 2003

I see you know much about these problems with volume and stuff, so maybe you can help me. Do you thing it's possible to set the whole system volume in Windows98 above 100%? I wrote a mail to Hercules suppport (I've got their Gamesurround Fortissimo 3 card with creative inspire 5100 speakers), and they told me it's impossible, but I don't think so. If some plugins for winamp can do this for mp3 and other formats, there must be some utility or registry entry or something for whole windows. What do you mean?

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Alien
              I see you know much about these problems with volume and stuff, so maybe you can help me. Do you thing it's possible to set the whole system volume in Windows98 above 100%? I wrote a mail to Hercules suppport (I've got their Gamesurround Fortissimo 3 card with creative inspire 5100 speakers), and they told me it's impossible, but I don't think so. If some plugins for winamp can do this for mp3 and other formats, there must be some utility or registry entry or something for whole windows. What do you mean?
              Sorry I missed this thread. The result of visiting this section only oe in a while.

First of all, why would you want to raise the master volume to beyond 100%? It can always be easily done by turning up the volume knob on the speakers instead. Furthermore, raising the volume by software this way is going tp put additional strain on the speaker amplifier, making them more likely to fail. The Logitech Z-560 seems to be the common victim for this, with many failing at 75% master volume and even below.

What I suggest you do is keep your master volume at no higher than 75% and use the speakers instead to adjust the volume.

Comment

• Alien
                • Mar 2003

Actually I want to do this to amplify DTS tracks, because I think there's no other way to do that. The sound level of DTS in PDVD is too low. I set speaker volume controller to max., but I'm still not satisfied with volume. I don't want to buy new speakers so I'm looking for alternative solution.

Comment

• Mr Michael Live
                  • Aug 2015

Not Sure if Any of You Can Help But...

I have an LG Slim DVD player and it's an external unit that I have plugged into my laptop. When I play any kind of online radio, the volume is great but when I put a disk in my player, it sounds like a pack of mice whispering.

I previously tried to download a few different free players I found in search but I thought I deleted each of them when they weren't any louder but could there be a hidden program that's reducing the volume of the player?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎