Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alien476
    • Nov 2002

Audio/Video sync problem- skipping frames = audio ahead of video

i am having a problem with multiple divx encoded movies. while playing the movie in various players (powerdivx, wmp 6.4 & 7.1, divx playa a2), the video will hang on a frame (seeminly random frame) for a second or 2, and the audio will continue. the hanging happens about every 5-7 secs, and the audio is now constantly ahead of video. so far, i have tried:

uninstall/reinstall 5.02
    various players (listed above)
    install various portions of nemo pack
    copy file to hdd
    install anti-freeze
    defrag system

when tested on a friends system, these videos work fine. all videos according file properties are encoded divxmpeg4 v3.

i am by far an expert in divx playback, but i tried to search through the forums as much as possible before i posted.. so i am hoping someone knows something beyond the basics i have tried...
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

How fast is your and your friend's CPU? And have you got DMA enabled? In addition, you might want to install Tsunami's 3.11 patch so as to prevent 5.02 from playing 3.11 contents. It might just work in your case.

Comment

• alien476
      • Nov 2002

thx for the info. im trying tsunami as i am typing.. oddly enough its taking forever to load hdd activity is high.. almost like it is copying the entire file to the hdd first.. anyway, for system specs, i have now tried on 3 systems

1. xp1800, 512mb ram, gf4 4200, 80gb RAID HDD, 52x cd
      2. 1g celeron, 256mb ram, intel 820, 20gb 7200, 40x cd
      3. tbird 1.2, 256mb ram, radeon 64vivo, 40gb 7200, 32x

i have other divx movies that play fine on all systems, and then there are these problem childs that run only on system 3 w/o problems. i cant tell yet if tsunami is going to work, as even if i switch from full to windowed mode, it takes several minutes of hdd access time for the movie to appear, which also happens if i attempt to seek

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

oddly enough its taking forever to load hdd activity is high..
        This is a prime suspect for your problem. Check that no program is uselessly hogging the HD and hence causing lags in your DivX file access. If necessary, install whatever IDE driver (I don't know if this is required with a RAID config since I've never run one before) that is available for your particular system.

By the way, have you tried restarting and disabling any programs that are likely to hog system resources?

Comment

• alien476
          • Nov 2002

ench.. thx for all the info, looks like the problem is fixed. basically, tsunami didnt work, and in fact, with stock install of tsunami, it actually cause the high hdd activity for me. so, just to test, i completely uninstalled all codecs on my system and installed stock 3.11a. works like a charm now go figure. thx alot, that 311 tip helped me out!

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Good to see that things are working out for you.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎