Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another method of not letting divx 5 play divx 3 content?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asiangear
    • Nov 2002

another method of not letting divx 5 play divx 3 content?

I noticed my friend's computer has both divx 3.11 alpha and divx 5.0.1 bundle installed. but his computer will play only divx 4 and divx 5 content with the divx 5 codec, while the divx 3 content is still being handled by the divx 3.11 alpha codec. when i checked his registry for that fix stated in a previous post, the seventh byte, hex 80, is still 80 on his computer and not 90, like the previous post stated to fix the problem. How can his seventh byte, still be 80, and his divx 3.11 alpha codec can still play divx 3 content? Is there another way around instead of using the registry method? thanx in advance for anyone that helps.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I believe there are more than one way of preventing 5.x from playing 3.11 contents. Some time ago, I saw a similar thread posted in Doom9 forum (khp can confirm this since I believe he frequents the forum), outlining the same aim, but using a totally different technique.

The method regularly recommended in this forum is to use the priority-patched 3.11 codec supplied by Tsunami.

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

I have visited Doom9's once or twice yes. Although I'am not sure exactly what method Enchanter is referring to.

Anyways this mammoth thread has an abundance of diffrent scripts and reg files. But this divx3.11 divx5 stuff is a funny business, in some cases it has been know to work straightaway without any modifications to the registry.
      Last edited by khp; 22 Nov 2002, 06:57 PM.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

That should be the thread I was referring to. Anyway, the Tsunami patch works nicely for me and I see no need to resort to any other methods.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎