Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matta2k
    • Dec 2002

DVD to AVI / MPG to AVI

I've been able to rip chapters of a DVD and convert the VOB files to MPG using the following programs: DVD Decrypter, DVD2AVI, and TMPGEnc. The file size is about 250mb for 25 minutes. The quality is very good.

However, I'd like a smaller file size, around 180mb.

I've seen very good quality AVI files this size, so I'd like recommendations of free software that would let me convert VOB to AVI or my already existing MPG files to AVI.

In the past week I've download numerous programs, including VirtualDub and GordianKnot, but nothing has worked for me -- a lot of the AVI files I make are missing the audio. Or the settings/buttons have overwhelmed me. I'm new to this. Is there a good VOB/MPG to AVI guide somewhere?

Any help is appreciated.
  • TheWiz
    Digital Keyboard Samurai
    • Jan 2002

well, any mpeg that I have that I wanted to convert to avi I did using VirtualDub unless some file error occurs while parsing interleaved Mpeg file. If this happens it could be a corrupt file.

oh, you said missing the audio, make sure that before you save the new avi file that you have selected Audio > AVI audio from the drop-down menu bar.
    Last edited by TheWiz; 3 Dec 2002, 02:31 AM.
    - Amir "TheWiz"

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Doom9 and Uncas both offer perfectly useable guides for GKnot

If you get run into problems and get stuck, ask for help here in the forums, thats why we are here.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Kevin AMD
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2002

one word DIVX
        Let's all try to help each other

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰