Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franchy
    • Dec 2002

audio syncing problem

I have a really annoying problem. Whenever I encode anything from mpg to avi/divx the audio is always out of sync. I use virtualdub and have been for years so I decided to try using other encoding programs like xmpeg for example. The audio always starts out in sync but gradually becomes more and more out of sync. I finally decided to change the idct settings in xmpeg from MMX to AMD/Duron 3Dnow and all of a sudden my audio syncing problem within XMpeg was fixed. However I still had a problem in xmpeg in that the audio would every now and again dissapear for half a second. I tried changing the cpu optimization settings in virtualdub to force the 3dnow option but I still had the audio syncing problem. I've tried every version of vdub from 1.4.08-1.4.13 and still have this problem. I use the Radium MP3 codec and divx 5.02 pro codec but don't know how to fix this problem. I have no problem enoding dvds at all. Does anyone know how I can fix my problem?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried putting a checkmark next to "Change so video and audio durations match" ("Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate")?

Comment

• franchy
      • Dec 2002

Re: sync problem

No I haven't tried that...

Thanks, I'll give it a shot...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• franchy
          • Dec 2002

Unfortunately I wasn't successful in my attempt. Now I'm 100% sure the audio is in sync when I watch the mpeg, but after I convert it, making the change you suggested, the audio is in sync at the beginning and at the end, but gets out of sync in the middle. To me this doesn't make sense and I have no idea what settings to change next in vdub. I'd be willing to switch to XMpeg cause vdub is just frustrating me too much right now. As I mentioned earlier the problem I have with that is that every few minutes the audio just skips a second. The audio doesn't go out of sync though it's good all the way through. I'm using the Radium MP3 codec is there another good one I should try?

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me solve either or both of these problems.

Comment

Working...