X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Beware of scum/scam/spam-ware

A company called J u m m p a has continued to spam this forum to promote their DVD-Cutter Stream and MP3-CD-WAV Converter program.

Their software must be the worst piece of sh*t in the world, as otherwise, they won't need to resort to these kinds of desperate tactics to promote it. I wouldn't be surprised if it contained virus/trojans/spyware!!

This post has been started due to frustration with trying to deal with these scum.

If you find any other software which guilty of the same disgusting act, please feel free to reply to this post.
    Last edited by admin; 18 Aug 2003, 05:43 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The following "software" are also scam-ware :

DVD Squeeze
    DVD Copy Decrypter (illegal copy of an older version of the free <a href="http://www.dvdr-digest.com/software/dvdshrink.html">DVD Shrink</a> software)
    DVD Cutter
    DVD Echo
    DVD Copy Gold
    DVD Magik (Magick or Magic) Pro

They rip off free software (eg. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink ...) and/or guides and sell these otherwise free content for money, without even contacting the authors of the content.

If you have already paid for one of these scam-ware, then demand a refund or ask your credit card company for a charge back.

Spread the word ...

Edit : Added DVD Magik Pro to the list
    Last edited by admin; 26 Feb 2004, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• TreeTopp
      • Jan 2003

Copy DVD Pro --- SCAM

I purchased "Copy DVD Pro " expecting to get a software package that would copy DVD's, as advertised on thier website.

What I got was a fancy tutorial on how to download and use the various freeware software so often discussed on this website,
      and step by step instructions on how to copy a DVD. Which of course I already had all the software and all ready knew how to use it to copy DVD's. I was looking for an easier way.

Their website is http://www.copydvdpro.com/index.htm.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

TreeTopp

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Another report of a software called "1DVDCOPY", which was sold at a computer show for $69.

According to the person that emailed me, the program is a clone of DVD Shrink with a different tool bar.

The official 1DVDCOPY website does not provide any information regarding the software, so I cannot verify this allegation. But the old adage of buyer beware comes to mind ...

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Another report of possible scam-ware "DVD Wizard Pro" - again a collection of free software that you can find on this and many other sites, and e-books instructions on how to use them. Had they advertised themselves as selling e-books, then it would have been fine.

The official site yet again does not provide a trial version, and this is just another sign that the software is suspicious in nature. No screenshots are provided either. As a rule, Digital Digest never includes any software that does not have a trial version (unless that software is well known already).
          Last edited by admin; 9 Feb 2004, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎