Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdalcanto
    • Jan 2002

playback is too fast on the PC!

I now have amazing quality, even playing full screen on my 21 inch computer monitor, but it is playing too fast! The sound, everything! It doesn't matter if I force film to 23.9fms, or leave it at 29fps when I DVD2avi and then do the appropriate settings on TMPGE (3:2 pull down on the former, nothing on latter). It plays the correct speed on the stand alone DVD player, but I want to be able to play the movies on both.

Thanks,
    Rick
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

See your other post of this identical question (Really no need to duplicate)...

Comment

• rdalcanto
      • Jan 2002

speed problem solved

Sorry about the duplication. I'm not sure if all the experts read all the sections, and I wanted to make sure I got an answer. As it happens, I stumbled across the answer myself. As Posted on the other section:
      Problem solved. It was occuring if I used Windows Media Player or Cinemaster. I found that the cause was in TMPGE. The pre-set template for SVCD has the audio locked at 44,000. So instead of using the template, I clicked on the top left option (can't remember the name, which lets you click on something with unlock in the title). I kept all the settings the same but changed the audio to 48000 Hz. Now it plays perfectly. I guess the PC uses the audio frequency to keep time and calculate the fps, and bases everything on the assumption that DVD audio for region 1 is 48000 Hz.

Thanks,
      Rick

Comment

Working...