Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oobadeedee
    • Nov 2002

SRT Files!!!!

Hey all, this might sound like a strange and stupid question...
    Yeah it probably is but:

I've got an SRT file, and I'm looking to add it into a movie? I have no idea how to do that...all the apps and tools around seem to be for fixing subtitle files and whatnot...not exactly putting them into a given movie...

I still haven't encoded the movie (is that a good thing?) so should I get my DivX avi first, or what?

I really have no idea...I'm such a frickin' newbie at this stuff, can anybody show me the way?? Gimme some pointers?? Thanks, much appreciated for any suggestions...

Bryan
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

The .srt is a subrip file.I'll think you will find the VobSub package very useful.

This website is for sale! edensrising.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, edensrising.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

"I still haven't encoded the movie (is that a good thing?) so should I get my DivX avi first, or what?"

That depends.
    Are you planning on making a permanent sub?
    If so, use the VDub sub filters included in the VobSub package, to add subs while you encode.

Are you using GKnot to encode?

Comment

• Kevin AMD
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2002

.str what the heck :s could you explain what that is again i don't really get it
      Let's all try to help each other

Comment

• gs0666
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Nov 2001

Kevin AMD

".str what the heck :s could you explain what that is again i don't really get it "

As I explained .srt is a SubRip file.

And....Kevin AMD
        Could you please stop posting shitty messages?
        You're starting to get a bit annoying.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I doubt he's coming back (Hurray!!!), since his main goal of "stepping up by one rank" has been achieved (unfortunately by mindlessly and thoughtlessly posting things that he himself wouldn't even want to listen to).

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎