X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bretty
    • Jul 2002

Seperate Sound and video files

G'day

I have just ripped Black Hawk down, and I have the Video in a AVI, and the audio went to its own file.

Is there any software that I can get to combine the two? or will I have to rip the movie again.....I took like 4 hours so I wouldnt like to do that.

Thanks lads.
    Artificial Intellegence, will never replace human stupidity
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

nandub will do the job. Here's how you go about it:
    1. Open AVI in nandub
    2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
    3. Open the sound file from within the Audio tab. If it happens to be an AC3 file, use the following guide for interleaving it:
    448kbps (6 ch) -> Preload: 128ms, Interleave: 128ms
    384kbps (6 ch) -> Preload: 160ms, Interleave: 160ms
    256kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 48ms , Interleave: 48ms
    224kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 64ms , Interleave: 64ms
    192kbps (2 ch) -> Preload: 80ms , Interleave: 80ms
    4. Go to File -> Save AVI as and give a name to the new file

Comment

• Bretty
      • Jul 2002

I dont understand the interleaving bit.
      I have followed your instructions to the bit where it asks me if I want to save the file as it might be VERY large.

I have tried to do that although it sayes the files is being used by another program. I had to save it as another file name....no problem.
      This is what I did.

I opened the video file, opened the AC3 file, and then selected save as AVI from the file menu. It is now doing something I dont know what but it is quite slow. I am hoping it is converging the two file together.

Thanks, and I will let you know how it goes how long do you expect this to take?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have followed your instructions to the bit where it asks me if I want to save the file as it might be VERY large."

You received that message because you didn't set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" (Therefore, you are saving the file as an UNCOMPRESSED video - and you certainly don't want to do that!).

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

in case you havent solved your MUXING problem by now, take a look here:

Comment

• Bretty
            • Jul 2002

I think I have it all good.

I tried to play the file after I encoded it all, and I jut wouldnt load. The HDD light was going sick and I waited about 10mins as I thought it must have been hashing it but no go.

I am trying it again. This time in the audio section I chose .WAV audio, and the program detected the audio file, so I think it should be ok this time.
            Last time I was selecting .mp3 or .ac3.

Would this make the difference, and it also reckons the file is going to be 4gig??? have I done everything right? I thought it would only be 6-700MB

Thanks for the replies do far too....they are really helpfull

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

What compression did you use for the original .AVI that you've created?

How big is the original .AVI?

Comment

Working...