Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrominium
    • Dec 2002

Just Audio Conversion...

I have a file I'd like to edit with Virtual DUB. Its a DVD type file except the audio has the wrong smapling rate so VirtualDUB wont regconize it.
    The standard for DVD is 48,000 but the file is 44,000. Is there a quick way to convert this file from 44,000 to 48,000 easily?

I heard I can use TMPEGENC to do this, but I find it confusing to use and didnt exactly know what was going on.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have a file I'd like to edit with Virtual DUB. Its a DVD type file"

If by "DVD type" you mean MPEG2, MPEG2-SuperVideoCD, or .VOB, you cannot use VirtualDub to accomplish your purpose. VirtualDub accepts ONLY .AVI and MPEG1 file formats for input.

Before I go any further, would you be good enough to explain your purpose in converting the audiostream from 44,100Hz to 48,000Hz?

Comment

• Chrominium
      • Dec 2002

Its a MPEG2 file at 720 by 562 (or something similar)...

By converting the audio stream I can use Virtubdub to read in the file, for some reason Virtualdub doesnt like the 44,000 audio format with MPEG2. I hope that make sense - tell me if Im wrong.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

As Setarip explained, regardless of audio sampling rate (whether it be 44.1 khz or 48 khz) Virtualdub will not accept any kind of MPEG 2 file.

However, there are many virtualdub "mods" in development. You may want to have a look at these projects...I did hear some news of mpeg-2 support in one mod.

Comment

• Chrominium
          • Dec 2002

Okay, thanks for that.

Is there any program that can edit a MPEG2 file. All I wanted to do is delete some scenes before DivX-ing it, to save time really. I suppose I can divx it then delet the scenes using VirtualDub but its just takes longer...

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

TMPGenc/CCE

Comment

• Chrominium
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Batman
              TMPGenc/CCE
              Sorry, as I have mentioned above, I really have no idea how to use it. It seems like I can only use it to split or merge files so I have no idea how to use it to edit files.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"It seems like I can only use it to split or merge files"

If, as you've indicated, you know how to use TMPGEnc's MPEGTools Merge&Cut, simply save each piece of the video that you wish to keep (thereby editing out those pieces you don't want) and then merge the pieces you've created...

Comment

• Chrominium
                  • Dec 2002

I found it and it works but it doesnt do it properly:

Say I want the part between 3:00.00 to 5:00.00
                  somehow, it decides to take something like 4:36.00 to 6.90.00

Im I doing something wrong?

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

When you've previously used TMPGEnc to split files, have you had this problem? I ask because what you're attempting to do currently uses the same procedure for marking the beginning and the end of the portion(s) of the file you wish to save...

Comment

• Chrominium
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by setarip
                      When you've previously used TMPGEnc to split files, have you had this problem? I ask because what you're attempting to do currently uses the same procedure for marking the beginning and the end of the portion(s) of the file you wish to save...
                      It worked with another MPEG file with the same encoding but not this one... for some reason, TMPGEnc thinks its longer than it really is (actual 45 mins, TMPGEnc 59 mins!).
                      I made it work by guessing and altering from the files Ive created. Hopefully its a one time thing.

I divx this file but I get lines when they are moving (like when your trying to create an illusion in a drawing of something going very fast - you draw lines), is this interlace? How do I get rid of it?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎