X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdcraz
    • Dec 2002

detailed guide for miniDV to DIVX

Ok here's my situation:

I have an hour of DV recording saved as AVI on my hd (all 12GB of it). Now I want to covert to divx. I have virtualdub - I dont know how to set it up. Can someone please explain how I go about this?
  • jdcraz
    • Dec 2002

Ok ive answered some of my own questions, and its clearer now with the help of dooms guide. But why can't i get the Lame ACM codec to show up in virtualdub? The Fraunhofer one won't show up either. I installed the Nimo Codec pack.

Comment

• jdcraz
      • Dec 2002

Using Premiere I have been able to export a DivX5 clip with wav sound - quality is not bad. BUT i need mp3 audio. I found a site that said to export uncompressed avi with premiere and do the Divx compression with virtualdub. Maybe ill do that......
      anyone, feel free to comment.

is there no mp3 plugin for premiere????
      sounds like a no brainer to me.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I found a site that said to export uncompressed avi with premiere and do the Divx compression with virtualdub."

That is highly advisable.

Regarding your .MP3 "situation" - I'd suggest that you make the Fraunhoefer codec the ONLY active .MP3 codec on your system (There are typically conflicts, such as the one you've described) that arise when multiple .MP3 codecs are installed...

Comment

• jdcraz
          • Dec 2002

I have not been able to successfully export the entire uncompressed 12GB avi from Premiere. I leave it running and come back to find Premiere has exited leaving a 2 or 3 GB file which is corrupt. I have tried using no compression, compression with Huffyuv, and combinations of uncompressed and compressed audio. No luck. I have 12GB disk space free, XP Pro with NTFS partitioning. I can export Divx5 from premiere successfully with wav sound, although ive only done a few minutes worth.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I have not been able to successfully export the entire uncompressed 12GB avi from Premiere."

I'd suggest that, if possible from within Premiere, you split the file into 2Gig pieces and then export...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎