Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S1R1US
    • Dec 2002

Can't play ANY video files

Up till 2 days ago i could play all my video files. Then a friend sent me some .ogm files and told me to download and install

OggDS0995.exe
    SubTitDS1400.exe and
    XviD - Koepi's Version - August 18, 2002.exe

To get it to work. Well everything installed correctly except OggDS, it gave me error bout couldn't install .dll files. So i just cancelled it and was like, oh well just can't play .ogm files. Well now i can't play ANY video files. I get this error message----->

"The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected. (Error=80040209)"

I reinstalled divx 3, 4, 5 and still get this error. I uninstalled subtit and xvid keopi's version and still doesn't work. Any ideas? thx
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

click on my upper anigif and load TSUNAMIS filterpack 396 (full) from my page.

install it with the default settings which CUSTOM installation suggests!

Comment

• S1R1US
      • Dec 2002

K i went to you website and I downloaded the Tsunami 396 full file and installed it. For custom I selected ALL the boxes. Now when I open a video file I no longer get that message but I get this one

"The source filter for this file could not be loaded. (Error=80040241)"

Comment

• IFixedit
        • Dec 2003

This worked for me

I had the same problem and it took me 12 hours to figure out that it was the ogg vorbis codec thanks to this post. To fix the problem completely remove the ogg vorbis codecs from your computer, since the uninstaller won't do this for you you have to manuyally do it.

Go to your /system32 folder and delete the files: ogg.dll, vorbis.dll, vorbisenc.dll and oggDS.dll.

Next run regedit and export a copy of the registry to your desktop incase you mess up.

Now have regedit search for "ogg" and delete all the reg entries containing "ogg.dll" and "oggds.dll". There will be many.

Next search for "vorbis" and delete all the reg keys containing "vorbis.dll" and "vorbisenc.dll". You will find less of these.

Becareful only to delete the entries I mentioned, messing with the registry can really fuxor your computer over.

I hope this works for you and anyone else that has this problem.

Any problem send me a line @ Ravekid23@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...