Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LivingInClip
    • Jan 2003

Cleaning up VCD MPEG's for DVD-R.

I'm new to this and I have a question. I recently purchased all 112 episodes of Batman: The Animated series on 36 VCD's. The quality isn't to bad, but I would like to up it (less pixelated, better sound) and then move it to DVD-R. Is this even possible and what software would I need or do you recommend?

Thanks a lot.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Re: Cleaning up VCD MPEG's for DVD-R.

Originally posted by LivingInClip
    I'm new to this and I have a question. I recently purchased all 112 episodes of Batman: The Animated series on 36 VCD's
    Thanks a lot.
    Cool

TMPGEnc includes many filters that might help in "cleaning". Visit vcdhelp.com for a more detailed explanations of the various filters available.

BTW a couple of episodes of Batman TAS have been released on dvd, and more are coming.

Comment

• LivingInClip
      • Jan 2003

Thanks a lot! I bought the Batman: The Adventure Begin's DVD and look forward to the next one, however I'm worried that all of the episodes may never see the light.. If they do however, I would gladly throw my VCD's away and buy 'em.

By the way - which DVD-R do you recommend and how much clean up can be genereally dont on a VCD? Is it a noticeable amount?
      Last edited by LivingInClip; 12 Jan 2003, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by LivingInClip
        By the way - which DVD-R do you recommend and how much clean up can be genereally dont on a VCD? Is it a noticeable amount?
        For dvd-r media verbatim seems to be a popular chocie. Visit vcdhelp.com for media comparisons.

I would not clean up a vcd unless it is very "dirty"---because re-encoding inevitably results in some (perhaps insignificant) loss of quality. Again, the "amount of clean up" depends on how "dirty" the source is and what filters you apply. Again vcdhelp.com should give you a very detailed explanations of all filters---you can apply filters that you think will be useful. However, some careful experimentation may be required.

Try creating a "Vcd" dvd----instead of re-encoding the vcd to dvd specifications. The only risk is, it may not work on your dvd player (vcdhelp.com also has info on this).

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Don't expect to be able to make any significant improvements in either video or audio (don't expect any improvement at all regarding audio) - for it still holds true that A) You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear and B) You can't make gold from lead ;>}

Comment

Working...