X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alstare
    • Apr 2002

TMPGEnc black video with sound when loaded up avi

Hello
    I never used this prog. TMPGEnc so i load up (so i thought) my avi file that i have just captured with my firewire card and i get black screen with only a sound. When i load up video file aoutomaticly the same file is selected for the sound, i guess that's how it works so it's ok. I have played that captured avi file with other players and works fine. Any idea why this is happening ?
    Thanks a ton.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What are you trying to use TMPGEnc for?

Comment

• alstare
      • Apr 2002

I'm trying to make and mpg2 file. I wonder if this is a something to do with too many codecs install. When i open the file in virtual dub the same story black screen only sound. If i play the file in let say media player plays fine video and sound.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• alstare
          • Apr 2002

ok i'm attaching the file info. it's from the virtual dub prog.
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Interestingly, VirtualDub is indicating that your ".AVI" file is actually an MPEG file ;>}

Try changing the extender from ".AVI" to ".MPG" - and then try loading the file into TMPGEnc.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Important - Regarding TMPGEnc - You did download and install the REQUIRED companion VFAPI file, didn't you?

Comment

• alstare
              • Apr 2002

i have changed avi extension to mpg didn't made any differance still black screen with sound. I have installed the vfapi file i have attached a screen from the environment settings from TmpgEnc to make sure it showes all right. Tommorow i will capture with differnet prog and i will check if that captured avi file can be opened with virutual dub and TmpgEnc. Last time i have used that pinnacle prog may be they don't like eachother . Will see what happens.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...