X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samuelc123
    • Jan 2002

dvd drive will not read dvd movies

Hey folks ,

I have a samsung dvd-rom sd-608 drive , and I have windvd 3.0 as well as micro dvd player and neither program will play dvd movies .

I can play music cd as well as video games or software apps useing the drive but not dvd movies , I suspect that the drive is not reading the disks , when you put a dvd in go to my computer right click on the drive and select open it gives you the drive is not assecible the device is not ready error .

I have tried to reinstall the drive , reinstall the eide bus drivers , disable udf in system properties (a tip found on a support site at this web site ) , as well as search for a new driver (unsussefully I might add samsungs support is poor ) .

Any sugestions would be apreciated , Thanks , Sam
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the drive uses two separate lasers (one for CDs, one for DVDs), it could be either a major problem (DVD laser out of alignment) or a minor one (DVD laser is dirty). You might want to try a DVD/CD lens cleaning CD, such as the Maxell CD-340 (Yes, it's for both CD and DVD lens cleaning. It costs approximately $10 in the U.S.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...