• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dsquorpion
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

xbox & playstation dvd-r media

what dvd-r media is good to use for backing up dvd's on xbox and playstation 2
  • wizardefc
    • Feb 2003

I use Ritek for my PS2

Comment

• Dsquorpion
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

i have read that ritek works on xbox and ps2

Comment

• kdiaz
        • Dec 2001

Once you have the right media and have successfully burned the ps2 or xbox, what's the best mod chip to use? I've seen places offer putting in the Magic 3 chip but its waaay too expensive. They want $195 for the chip and install. Any other ideas?

Comment

• bigi
          • Jan 2003

PS2/XBox media

1. Media - I have found many variations in the behaviour of media in different ps2 machines. What may work in a v7 ps2 refuses to even load in a v5. The same applies to PS2 as they do to DVD movies - generally the darker the dye, the more compatability. I recently experienced problems with some Ritek dye-based dvd-rs that were rated at 2x and they refused to play in my home DVD player, but played in my ps2 (v7). The same disc refused to play in a v5 PS2. Changed to an ALLFORMATS dvdr and it worked at 2x burn....... It's complicated - but I recommend TraxData media - I've never had a single glitch with them....

2. Modchips - I am using Judus modchips as they work like a dream and i've not had a single problem with them, unlike the Messiah and Magic chips. Failing a Judus (the versions below v7 are hard to get hold of at the moment in the UK), the Messiah 2 is a good, safe bet, considering the prices have dropped enormously

Comment

Working...