• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Tv Chipset?

Hey I got some questions. I have a 19" Sanyo TV and when I download TV tool it showed some chipset that were supported. Do you know if my Sanyo TV is going to work with it, and also it said TwinView is enabled and they suggested that I disable it. What is TwinView and should I really disable it? If so how do I

SKD_Tech
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

As long as the input jack of your TV is supported by your graphics card TV-out and vice versa (eg. S-video or Composite), I don't foresee any connectivity problem.

Twinview is a built-in multi-display feature of nVidia cards and is usually installed along with the Detonator drivers. Having it installed and enabled may interfere with TV Tool's operations and hence the recommendation to disable it. Going to the Advanced Display properties windows will reveal the Twinview configuration option, from which you can disable it.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Ok sorry it has this option but I didn't catch it...

"Standard (twinview disabled)" sorry about that. and thanks for the info on the TVtool

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Twinview is disabled by default unless you have connected the card to a TV via its TV-out jack (at which point the Twinview wizard will appear).

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

ok so when I hook up my TV up and it reconginizes it I will have to disable it?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Just don't go along with the installation wizard. If that's not possible, you should be able to manually disable Twinview from within the Advanced Display property page.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Ok thanks again

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment