Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billybhoy
    • Feb 2003

Which firmware to use.

Wanting to make my DVD drive region free but have the problem of not being able to tell what make it is. DISC info v1.2 says 1:0:0 DVD-1X OEM316B. Firmware version 1.0 Drive region status: Lock detected and Region setting status Set. Does anybody know how I can find out which make the drive is and thus flash it with the correct firmware?
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

The following is taken from rpc1.org
    Please o please make sure it is the correct DVD drive. You will void any warranty too.

"BTC BDV-316B (16X/48X) 0.44 , 0.47 , 1.00
    You can make your drive region free (RPC-1) by using this patched 0p47 RPC-1 firmware. A new version 1.00 RPC-1 is out (Patch by Etna).
    You can find older patched firmware on Etna page. Note : With firmware 1.00 the drive Name Changed to DVD- 16X OEM316B"

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• billybhoy
      • Feb 2003

A sticker on the drive says it was manufactured by Top G. (Top Glory Electronics) Are they a subsiduary of BTC?

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

I have no idea my friend.
        What is the drive labeled under in your Device Manager?

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• billybhoy
          • Feb 2003

DVD-16X OEM316B. It does seem like it is a BTC drive but until I get confirmation it is, I ain't gonna flash it. I'm wondering if anyone has used the patched firmware by ETNA

Comment

Working...