Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alcoholic Ninja
    • Nov 2001

DVD ripping in XP

I have been ripping DVDs to divx under Win98 for a while, but recently upgraded to WinXP & now I get an ASPI error using all rippers I've tried (SmartRipper, Cladmdec, DVDDecoder). From what I can gather, ASPI has to do with SCSI devices, but I don't have any SCSI devices in my machine (everything is IDE). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? SmartRipper has a NoASPI batch file, which supposedly disables ASPI, but I still can't rip dvds with it (ones that I can rip under 98). Any help is much appreciated.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try the LATEST SMARTRIPPER (version 2.39 by now)

i had it in my mail two days ago and it had been worked on a LOT!

you can find it on my page for example.
    Last edited by UncasMS; 17 Nov 2001, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Alcoholic Ninja
      • Nov 2001

OK, I found the problem... so for anyone else out there who's having similar problems, you need to install ASPI drivers (even though ASPI is related to SCSI stuff & you don't have any SCSI devices). For a good run down of why & how this stuff works refer to Radified Guide to ASPI... Basically you need to use ForceASPI to forcably install the drivers. After having done this all rippers I tried work including SmartRipper v2.38 (2.36 doesn't work - thanks UncasMS), CladMdec, DVDDecoder...

Hope this helps out people.

Comment

• Jacksindecision
        • Nov 2001

An easy trick to avoid the ASPI error when ripping DVDs in Windows XP is to play the movie in an ordinary DVD program (I use WinDVD) and skip through ALL the chapters of the movie. You should then be able to rip the DVD using a DVD ripper program (SmartRipper works best with this method). Some programs (like DVDMaster) just won't work using this method.

Comment

• Bodhi
          • Nov 2001

ASPI Update?

Originally posted by Alcoholic Ninja
          OK, I found the problem... so for anyone else out there who's having similar problems, you need to install ASPI drivers (even though ASPI is related to SCSI stuff & you don't have any SCSI devices). For a good run down of why & how this stuff works refer to Radified Guide to ASPI... Basically you need to use ForceASPI to forcably install the drivers. After having done this all rippers I tried work including SmartRipper v2.38 (2.36 doesn't work - thanks UncasMS), CladMdec, DVDDecoder...

Hope this helps out people.
          HI Alc ninja

I got the same problem with mine apsi driver, and i checked this suggested site, but actually i didnt work, because i wasnt quite sure which driver should i take.
          therfore there i none especially for win XP, and is it a package, or do i have to download all this particualar driver one by one.
          2. This problem does it appear only by upgrades to XP, or also after full(new) installation.

so i would really appreciate, if you could give some more detail, or even sent those bl.... driver, hehehe

Anyway .... thx for the report its already a great help

cu
          Bodhi

Comment

• Bodhi
            • Nov 2001

to UncasMs

Hi U.....MS

I just wanted to tell you that , your advise, to avoid aspi driver errors, by installing smartripper 2.39 didnt work out.

But ot was worth to give it a go!

Bodhi

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

hi bodhi,

check your other posting
              Last edited by UncasMS; 17 Nov 2001, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Shockwave
                • Dec 2001

Yep, use ForceASPI. You need it to burn CD's as well, if you use anything other then XP's built in job. I believe Nero may have it on their site, if not check
                http://www.elaboratebytes.com/eb/ (I think....) This is an excellent site for burning, and you can score serial numbers if you need, but its pretty much dedicated to Clone CD. Also, I think that site is down more then up, but its actually good enough that I still keep it in the favorites and hope its up when I need it.....

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎