Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kase
    • Feb 2003

Good VHS-->DVD Guide

Anyone know where i can find a good VHS to DVD guide. I just recently hooked up my VCR to my computer via a Dazzle DV but i cant find any good guides on converting VHS to DVD.
  • gchester
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2002

VHS to DVD

Which dazzel video connector do you have? if its the DVC80 i suggest you throw it in the bin and start again as it is plagued with problems capturing anything over 20mins without synching problems..if its hardware based then get a copy of POWER VCR II capture Directly to DVD quality if you have a good enough PC anything over 1.8GHZ and 256DDR should be fine, WINVCR is pretty good as well use which ever one you like best!! hope that helps

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

I've had some luck with the ADS external device, which connects via firewire to my laptop and uses a capture program that allows 5 grades of quality, from VCD to 5mbs DVD. I find the VCD setting to be adequate for most of my needs, and that takes about 10MB per minute of video. In the absence of a comprehensive guide, try experimenting with different settings and see what works best for you. It depends on what you want to do, and what will be the final form of your video, e.g., for viewing on TV or PC. Best wishes.

Comment

• McMillan
        • Feb 2003

why would you want to create a DVD from a VHS??? VHS has really lousy quality compared to a DVD and you'd get all the bad quality transferred to DVD, therefore anything better than SVCD is pointless, not to mention the cost of the media used...
        Since SVCD can be played on DVD drives, I recommend using that format...
        Also, full PAL signal is not needed when transferring a signal from VHS (quality again) so use half resolution (320x240) instead.
        ...this MIGHT not be the best picture that I have...

Comment

Working...