Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hristaki82
    • Mar 2003

Extracting second audio with nandub and virtualdub. Help please

ok well heres my brainbuster for the day. I recently aquired a divx file that has 2 audio streams. The first one in German and the second one in English. My main goal is to convert this to a vcd which is very simple for me to do except that this file has driven me crazy. When I finally do make a vcd using Nero it only uses the german soundtrack. Searching for help I jumped on these boards and started trying some methods:

Method 1: I could use graphedit and delete the first audio stream in german. This proved unsucessful because it would not allow me to save the file. I noticed the top bar said read-only. I gave up using this method and tried another.

Method 2: I could use virtualdub and extract both audio files and then create a new avi file with just the english soundtrack. Using this program I was able to extract both audio tracks but later i found out virtualdub can't handle vbr audio so the audio was out of synch. I decided to try something else.

Method 3: I had heard that nandub can easily handle vbr audio without synch issues so i decided to try that. The problem with this program is that it can extract my first audio nicely but for some reason it couldn't find a second audio stream to save as a wav.

At this point I'm really desperate for some help. Any would be appreciated. Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I could use virtualdub and extract both audio files"

How and with what version of VirtualDub, or any hack thereof, were you able to accomplish this?

Comment

• Hristaki82
      • Mar 2003

oh sorry it's a hack version called VirtualDubMod

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"i found out virtualdub can't handle vbr audio so the audio was out of synch."

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use VirtualDubMod to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
        Load your original .AVI into VirtualDubMod
        Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
        Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
        From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose "<No compression(PCM)>"
        From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
        Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
        Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Open TMPGEnc and "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file

Comment

• Hristaki82
          • Mar 2003

thank you so much setarip. You are now my hero

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thank you so much setarip. You are now my hero"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...