Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickmavros
    • Dec 2001

Some Xmpeg Options

At last I found a program much faster than flaskmpeg.
    The problem is that there are some options that I can't understand.

In the post processing window there are three format options:
    RGB
    YUY2
    YV12
    I am using the third one (YV12).Is this correct;

Also there are a lot of options in filtering window.
    I am using Bressenham.Sould I use something else.How do all this affect the quality of the output movie;

Does the high speed of the program affect the quality also;
    ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.
  • quang
    • Dec 2001

I use RGB because it's 32-bit, but requires 32-bit screen for best picture. DVDs are usually 32-bit, anyway. YUV2 is 16-bit so it works nicely on 16-bit screen. YU12 is 12-bit color, I think.

Pressenham is one of the algorithms for scaling... Nearest Neighbor is fastest, and I think BiCubic is slowest... Slowest one usually gives you a better picture.... I tried them all, but didn't really notice much difference.

The largest affect is the bitrate you give in the DivX configuration. Other settings only give you slight affects.

--
    Quang

Comment

• Nickmavros
      • Dec 2001

Hello quang thanks for answering
      The fact is that I read that Dvds are not RGB format.
      They are YUY.That's why it takes so much time to compress it with flaskmpeg (it only supports RGB).Because in needs to convert it from RGB to YUY.But xmpeg that supports YUY take less time because it doesn't need to do that.
      As for the filtering I know that Bicubic is the slowest (Thats why i don't use it anymore ) and since you tell me that you have tried everything and you didn't notice any different I will continue to use Bressenham. (Thats what the guide I'm using, suggests)
      If you find anything else let me know.
      ....come to take a trip with me in Future World.

Comment

• wildpig99
        • Jan 2002

Been experimenting with Flaskmpeg XIS too.

I've been experimenting with using FlaskMpeg XIS and find it heaps quicker (can do a first & second final pass encoding in about 8 hours with great quality, no sound though - pass it through to Virtualdub ac3)

I was also of the understanding that part of the reason why the orginal Flaskmpeg was slow was the conversion from RGB to YUY?

I also use the Bressenham filtering and have found that to be around the same quality as the others and also quite fast.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎