Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albertldee
    • Mar 2003

compressing

i'm new to this board i dont know if anyone can helpme but i have 50mb file i would like to compress to the smallest size with ok quality how can i achieve that
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

What kind of file that you have ? Please be more specific and detail.

AVI or MPG or RM or WMV or even a DOC file
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• albertldee
      • Mar 2003

it's a wmv file
      also i have video i would like to copy to my pc in a good compress format it's about 30 minutes long i have a ati tuner card

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

I would convert it to AVI then use Xvid or DivX compression with VirtualDub

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

it's a wmv file
          Unfortunately VirtualDub will not open WMV files. What I would suggest is to open the file with TMPGEnc and either transcode to a MPG or output to avi with whatever codec you have installed.
          Personally, I would use AVISynth but tmpgenc is easier

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• [MoD]Minister
            • Mar 2003

I agree with the above, but am all for easier methods if they achieve the same quality results. Try this:
            download the file here:

Install the tool. Information on the tool is at:
            RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

From here you can simply convert it to an uncompressed .avi or you can encode to any codec you have installed from there.

I generally use that if it is not a "work of art" type of video. If I am being incredibly pickey I use somthing like VirtualDub or something after I use RAD video tool to get it into .avi format. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...