Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • screenblaster
    • Mar 2003

Newbie Need Help Bad

ok, so i'm new to this video editing stuff. I tried figuring out the how to's but i finally given up! I need professional help!

I use the SCREENBLAST VIDEOFACTORY DELUXE 2.0. I have already captured the video from my DV Cam. All I want now is to transfer it to a CD-R as DVD or SVCD. But think I need to purchase first the MPEG-2 plug-in.

Is there any other way i can do that without having to buy the plug-in or let say download a plug-in here at digital digest, if so which one would you recommend?

I really have tons of questions but this will be it for now.

hope to hear from anyone other there soon, THANKS!!!!!!
  • HaroldW
    • Nov 2002

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with SCREENBLAST VIDEOFACTORY DELUXE 2.0 and cannot find that much information, so forgive the questions.

1. What format does Videofactory save to?

2. The "MPEG-2 plug-in" you mention, is that for Videofactory, or Nero? If Videofactory saves to avi format then you have other alternatives. If the plugin is for Nero, TMPGenc and CCE Basic do better job and yes you do have to pay for them (both are under $60 U.S.) Mainconcept's MPEG encoder is also good, but more expensive. TMPGenc, CCE and Mainconcept's MPEG Encoder, all are much more versatile than Nero's encoder and CCE

Comment

• onerose
      • Nov 2001

why don't you look for adobe premire 6.5 if u look on the net or your fav download place you can get it .the prog will take from dv and output it were ever you want(format)

Comment

• screenblaster
        • Mar 2003

yes the MPEG-2 is for VIDEOFACTORY.

VIDEOFACTORY saves in MPEG-1/2, AVI, RM, MOV and WMV.

Actually heres whats written in their tech page:

For those of you who need MPEG-2 output (for SVCD or DVD authoring ) Sonic Foundry has two new MPEG-2 plug-ins, based on Main Concept technology, available for purchase.

The standard version of this plug-in uses fixed templates only, and provides high quality MPEG-2 files for SVCD NTSC, SVCD PAL, DVD NTSC, and DVD PAL formats. This version is a good choice for the casual user. Standard MPEG-2 Plug-In $29.95.

Ok so will i be able to render my videos to SCVD if I purchase this plug-in?

THNAKS!!!! more follow-up questions coming

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by onerose
          why don't you look for adobe premire 6.5 if u look on the net or your fav download place you can get it
          This stuff should not be posted as in ruled in the forum rules. Thanks

Comment

Working...