Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need help with XviD movie!!

DXL webmaster

Default Need help with XviD movie!!

I cannot manage to convert a XviD video into DivX, because at frame 99998 VirtualDUB finds a critical error, that is at 74% of the processing. I have nothing else to do with this movie, because there are no error checking programs for XviD movies.

This xvid codec is SPECIALLY annoying, I want to hear now replies from those XviD defenders, which use it only because they want to be different from the rest, despite that means they are doing something very stupid, in this case, encoding with XviD.

I have to convert it because the video is showed in 1/4 of its size in the RadLight window at fullscreen. And because XviD really annoys me. Any help is really appreciated.

Super Moderator

i experienced 1/4 screen playback too, when doing some testruns.

changing my vga driver helped - maybe even reinstalling would have (didnt try that)

Old member

Default Re: Need help with XviD movie!!

Originally posted by DrSobol
    This xvid codec is SPECIALLY annoying, I want to hear now replies from those XviD defenders, which use it only because they want to be different from the rest, despite that means they are doing something very stupid, in this case, encoding with XviD.
    I feel that my liking of the XviD codec is anything but stupid, and I'm not using it for the sake of being 'different' from others. I do not see any reason either for you to throw such accusations around as this will not help you solve any problems.

It sounds as if you are yet another poster who downloads the efforts (licit or illicit) of others. As such, that's "the price you pay" for not creating your own files...

Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video

Try using the FFDSHOW filter for xvid playback.

If that doesn't work, change the fourcc code to dx50 or divx.

Also, XVID produces high quality video that's why many people use it. I have no need to defend it, if you don't like it don't use it.

Thread Information