X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrSobol
    DXL webmaster
    • Apr 2002

Need help with XviD movie!!

I cannot manage to convert a XviD video into DivX, because at frame 99998 VirtualDUB finds a critical error, that is at 74% of the processing. I have nothing else to do with this movie, because there are no error checking programs for XviD movies.

This xvid codec is SPECIALLY annoying, I want to hear now replies from those XviD defenders, which use it only because they want to be different from the rest, despite that means they are doing something very stupid, in this case, encoding with XviD.

I have to convert it because the video is showed in 1/4 of its size in the RadLight window at fullscreen. And because XviD really annoys me. Any help is really appreciated.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i experienced 1/4 screen playback too, when doing some testruns.

changing my vga driver helped - maybe even reinstalling would have (didnt try that)

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: Need help with XviD movie!!

Originally posted by DrSobol
      This xvid codec is SPECIALLY annoying, I want to hear now replies from those XviD defenders, which use it only because they want to be different from the rest, despite that means they are doing something very stupid, in this case, encoding with XviD.
      I feel that my liking of the XviD codec is anything but stupid, and I'm not using it for the sake of being 'different' from others. I do not see any reason either for you to throw such accusations around as this will not help you solve any problems.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

It sounds as if you are yet another poster who downloads the efforts (licit or illicit) of others. As such, that's "the price you pay" for not creating your own files...

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

Try using the FFDSHOW filter for xvid playback.

If that doesn't work, change the fourcc code to dx50 or divx.

Also, XVID produces high quality video that's why many people use it. I have no need to defend it, if you don't like it don't use it.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎