Pioneer A04/104 DVD-R/RW Burner, Nero(5.10), and SmartRipper(1.40) Software Problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creed2pe
    • Mar 2003

Pioneer A04/104 DVD-R/RW Burner, Nero(5.10), and SmartRipper(1.40) Software Problems

******SmartRipper Problem:
    Since I've upgraded to Windows XP, SmartRipper (version 1.40) hasn't been working properly with my Pioneer A04/104 External DVD Burner. When I activate the program, it stops and gives messages about having problems unlocking the disc. This is strange because the same burner and software worked just fine for months under Windows 98.

******XP Recognition Problem
    When I initially installed Windows 98, my DVD Burner wasn't being recognized, at all. After spending hours on the phone with Windows technicians, we were finally able to get Windows to recognize it under MY Computer, but there have still been numerous recognition issues since then.

******Nero Burning Rom Problem
    Nero (version 5.10) has been having problems since the upgrade also. It recognizes blank DVD media as having, say 4.7GB of space, but then when I try to copy (on-the-fly) a 1.7GB movie to the media I get a message stating that there isn't enough space to do so.

Here are some additional confusing facts about my situation:

1.)Nero will copy movies to the hard drive and then burn them to the blank DVD in the same burner, but whenever I try to copy from my internal DVD ROM to the external burner, I get the above problem. This is all strange because, before installing XP I was copying from the DVD ROM to the DVD R/RW (on-the-fly) without any problems.

Also, Nero copies cd (on-the-fly) without any problems.

2.)SmartRipper rips movies from the internal DVD ROM just fine, without any problems, but it continues to report the unlock problem when using the DVD R/RW.

3.)When using another program, DVDComplete burns, I'm able to burn movies that I've created without a problem.

I have to figure these problems out because I use each of these programs for different portions of my Audio/Video projects.
Working...