Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeVNuLL
    • Oct 2002

DVD2AVI Audio Issue

I use the Doom9 guide for Divx 5 encoding, but I must have not been paying attention and all along I found out that I was using that "downscale" option. Now will this effect me if this is what I normally do?

I create a project file with DVD2AVI and use the 2.0 track (insted of a 5.1 audio track) on most DVD's, then from that file that was Demuxed, I convert with Besweet to MP3 format. Is this a problem?

As far as I know when I play my movies they sound fine to me, but maybe there is something wrong with doing it this way and since I am use to it my hearing doesn't know the difference since it thinks that this encoding is correct?

Now maybe I am confused, but now I am worried that I am downscaling an already downscaled audio track if that makes any sense?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"when I play my movies they sound fine to me"

That's all that counts - whether or not you've initially downMIXED...

Comment

• DeVNuLL
      • Oct 2002

I totally understand, I guess the only thing that I might notice is some small amount of lag in my back speakers on my 5.1 setup. I know I should probably just process the 5.1 audio track insted, but I like having 1 and sometimes 2 CD encodes. Anyways... is it actually possible that I downmixed an already downmixed audio track? and if it is possible, is the outcome different in any way?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎