• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

VCD Audio Synch Problem

Hi guys,

I have a Video CD which my DVD player can't read. I have copied the mpeg file and my pc plays it ok. The file is too big to fit on a normal cd and So I was going to cut it and put it on 2.

My problem is when I put the mpeg into Vegas Video 4 the audio is out of synch and is a longer track than the video. I have tried some other software like FlaskMpeg and Virtual Dub but they don't seem to like the file.

Vegas Video reports:
    Type: MainConcept MPEG-2
    Streams
    Video: 00:34:35.640, 29.970 fps, 480x480x32, MPEG-2
    Audio: 00:43:14.560, 44,100 Hz, Stereo, MPEG Layer 2

Any help would be gratefully received. Please bear in mind I am a novice when it comes to video editing.

Thanks
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Type: MainConcept MPEG-2
    Streams
    Video: 00:34:35.640, 29.970 fps, 480x480x32, MPEG-2"

You have a SuperVideoCD, not a VCD (VideoCD). Not all standalone DVD players are capable of playing SuperVideoCDs...

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

Thanks - That would be why I can't watch it on my DVD as I know it won't do SVCD.

Do you know why the audio is out of synch?
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Is it out of sync when you play it on your PC?

As for encoding you might want to try DVD2SVCD which is available at Doom9. Yes it is DVD2SVCD but it also accepts AVI files

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎