X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveUk
    • Mar 2003

Double Layer

Hi, I have two questions,

1. Is it possible to write a double layer DVDR, as at the moment I'm having to split certain DVD's onto 2 DVDR, if so what software would I need, I currently use DVDXCOPY, NERO, and SMARTRIPPER

2. Which is the best software to use after I have joined together 2 vcd's, I'm currently using Ulead DVD Factory to create menus, then it converts everything ready to burn onto DVDR. The only problem I seem to have with this is the loss of audio where the join is sometimes, I know its not my joiner TMPEG as I have checked the mpeg after joining and the sound is there.

Many thanks for your help.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

At the moment you CANNOT burn a dual layer DVD. At the factory it is 2 pieces of metal and what they do is they SMASH it together and there ya go

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Is it possible to write a double layer DVDR, as at the moment I'm having to split certain DVD's onto 2 DVDR, if so what software would I need, I currently use DVDXCOPY, NERO, and SMARTRIPPER"

You can use DVD2One, DVD95Copy, Pinnacle's InstantCopy, or the recently released FREEWARE, DVDShrink to compress your DVDs so that they'll fit on a single layer (the only kind available for use with PC burners) DVD-R...

Comment

Working...