• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

VCD Gear Problem.,..Desperate Help.

I'm trying to make a copy of a pirate VCD using VCD Gear, i try to convert dat to MPEG but after it does like 80 or 88 percent (Percentages vary for different CD's) the conversion just stops and looks like its frozen the timer doesnt tick etc. I am desperate to solve this solution is there a way to make a copy of VCD's other than using VCD Gear or is there another software for VCD Copying or dat to MPEG conversion? How can i crack the VCD Password Protection?

Thanx to all who help

SK
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Try ISOBUSTER its much better than VCD Gear
    Download it, throw the original in your ROM, ISOBUSTER will pick it up, find the folder with the DAT file in it, right click anc convert to MPEG streight from the disc to your hard drive using the Frame Rate Option, Burn off to VCD with NERO

Cheers

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

Maybe i'm totally wrong here (if so then please wake me up out of my dream)

But isn't it so that when you burn a vcd all the burning program does is make a "menu" so it is recognized as vcd AND change the mpg-file int .dat???

So all you have to do is rename the dat into mpeg and you're done.

VCDgear is for converting the dat into an avi (if i'm not mistaken)

In case i'm wrong with the renaming thing; there is a nice tutorial available for vcd gear

vcdgear tutorial
      Last edited by abdul; 11 Jan 2002, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"So all you have to do is rename the dat into mpeg and you're done."

Actually, I believe it adds a bit of information to the file, either interspersed throughout the file, or as a header. Just thinking about it logically, if the only difference was the three letter file extender, why would a program such as TMPGEnc have two different options (MPEG1 and MPEG1 VideoCD)?
        Last edited by setarip; 12 Jan 2002, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...