• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongJohn210
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2003

[Vdub]-Interleaving and Audio sync problem

first the audio from the movie is vbr and i get this message when i open the file.

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding (audio stream 1) in the source AVI file.
    Current settings will make rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during the processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 13557ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 129.4+ 16.1 kbps).

NOTE: there is a line under the plus sign but i didn't have that symbol.

the audio is about three seconds ahead of the video. when i try to use interleaving nothing happens its the same as it was before. what should i do?

i tried to extract the audio and convert it to mp3 but that made no difference.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving"
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• LongJohn210
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Mar 2003

how do i know how many milliseconds to use for the interleaving?

Comment

• LongJohn210
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Mar 2003

what should i do with the other interleaving options. when i opened the interleaving box it says its going to preload 500ms of audio before the video. wouldn't that put the movie out of sync again? and its going to interleave every frame what should i change it to?

Comment

• LongJohn210
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Mar 2003

i just did what u said the audio is 14 seconds late. i'll tweak the numbers around to see if it'll work this time.

Comment

• LongJohn210
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Mar 2003

what should i do with the other interleaving options. when i opened the interleaving box it says its going to preload 500ms of audio before the video. wouldn't that put the movie out of sync again? and its going to interleave every frame what should i change it to?

Comment

• LongJohn210
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Mar 2003

ok i changed the skew to 4500ms and that fixed the begining of the movie. but i noticed that it got worse as the movie progressed. but when i tried to change the frame rate option everything went wrong. the total audio for the movie was 3mb and when i tried to watch the movie it was only 15 seconds long.

Comment

• LongJohn210
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Mar 2003

the super high 9000 fps framerate compressed the whole movie into 15 seconds. is there some sort of option that'll stretch the movie out again?

Comment

• LongJohn210
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Mar 2003

disregard everything i've said so far.

i got it to work. but the audio gets out of synce towards the middle and end of the movie. and i did the framerate thing so whats wrong?

Comment

Working...