Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iparout
    • Jul 2002

Volume flanctuation in the high-volume parts of a WAV

I just watched a few of my DivX movies the other day and I noticed that some of them have a problem with the audio. To be more precise, in the parts where the volume is high, it suddenly drops dramatically and then continues from the volume that is dropped to (i.e. the volume flanctuates in the high-volume parts). I am using vob2audio to extract the wav and then SonicFoundry Sound Forge to normalize and of course lame to encode to 128kbps VBR mp3. Since UncasMS has vob2audio in his DivX guide, I believe many people here use it. What I want to ask is whether others have also noticed something like that and if this is a vob2audio problem. If it isn't why does that happen ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. : The problem also exists in the normalized WAV as well, so I guess it doesn't have to do wih lame.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i'm sorry to say it does NOT sound familiar to me

did you install anything - filter/codec ?

if vob2audio were to blame (never was for me, though) you could convert your ac3 to mp3 or even better ogg with besweet and compare:

Last edited by UncasMS; 15 Apr 2003, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• iparout
      • Jul 2002

Will try that. Although tend to believe that it's a problem with Sound Forge normalization. Pretty lame for a professional editing suit.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i never used sound forge

trying besweet will let you know, however since besweet is reliable or let vob2audio create an mp3 file.

this way you should be able to track down the scapegoat.

Comment

Working...