Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is there an easier way?

Default Is there an easier way?

Instead of ripping from dvddecrypter in separate files, then coverting vobs to avi in flaskmpeg, then finally connecting the the separate avis into one to create a whole movie? becuase for the whole process it will take about 5 hrs for one 2 hour movie...that just seems a little much. Any suggestions will be much appreciatted

Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video

I would recommend that you take a look at the divx/xvid encoding guides, as well as ripping guides from doom9.org

You may find better results, and faster encoding tips by using GKNOT 0.28 alpha in conjunction with xvid or divx.

i actually have tried gknot and i found it to be extremely hard. you kno how they have a guide in the helps section of gknot? well i followed that pretty much step by step and ended up with a file that was even larger then the original...possible?? hmmm who knos but thanx for the info

Super Moderator

learning the basics might be a good start: codecs and compression

and reading additional guides might be helping too.

Wow dvx has so many programs that need to be installed...thats kinda what im trying not to do...is have to work with so many different components. But, i just hopes its easier then knot cuz that plain sucked...

Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician

Regarding single vs multiple vob encoding with flask (solves joining avi's too), read this thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=19322
    To reduce the number of vob's, check 'merge vob files' in dvddecripter file mode settings
    Last edited by Qyd; 16 Apr 2003 at 10:42 AM

Thread Information