Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1ngkong
    • Apr 2003

Is there an easier way?

Instead of ripping from dvddecrypter in separate files, then coverting vobs to avi in flaskmpeg, then finally connecting the the separate avis into one to create a whole movie? becuase for the whole process it will take about 5 hrs for one 2 hour movie...that just seems a little much. Any suggestions will be much appreciatted
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I would recommend that you take a look at the divx/xvid encoding guides, as well as ripping guides from doom9.org

You may find better results, and faster encoding tips by using GKNOT 0.28 alpha in conjunction with xvid or divx.

Comment

• k1ngkong
      • Apr 2003

i actually have tried gknot and i found it to be extremely hard. you kno how they have a guide in the helps section of gknot? well i followed that pretty much step by step and ended up with a file that was even larger then the original...possible?? hmmm who knos but thanx for the info

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

learning the basics might be a good start: codecs and compression

and reading additional guides might be helping too.

Comment

• k1ngkong
          • Apr 2003

Wow dvx has so many programs that need to be installed...thats kinda what im trying not to do...is have to work with so many different components. But, i just hopes its easier then knot cuz that plain sucked...

Comment

• Qyd
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Oct 2002

Regarding single vs multiple vob encoding with flask (solves joining avi's too), read this thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=19322
            To reduce the number of vob's, check 'merge vob files' in dvddecripter file mode settings
            Last edited by Qyd; 16 Apr 2003, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎