Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Playing MPG files: This pin cannot use the supplied media type.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grendel
    • Apr 2003

Error Playing MPG files: This pin cannot use the supplied media type.

Hello,

I've been recording a lot of stuff from TV with a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR, creating MPEG2 files. They used to playback fine using Windows Media Player 6.4, but lately something is going wrong.

Whenever I try to play one of the mpg files Media Player plays about half a second of audio and then gives the error "This pin cannot use the supplied media type. (Error=8004022A)".

If I then play a second mpg file while the other Media Player is still open, it spends half a minute looking for a website, without downloading anything, and then plays the mpg file without problem.

I wasn't too bothered with this behaviour at first when it only happened on one machine, but now it also happens on my second machine. (Just started 30 minutes ago, and I have no idea what could have changed.)

Apart from DirectX error code listings, I've not been able to find anything about this error, so I'm hoping someone here might help.

Regards,

Grendel.
  • warrensomebody
    • Oct 2003

I too have been experiencing this problem. Any ideas?

The only 2 things that might potentially be a culprit are (1) I installed the latest windows update the other day, and (2) I installed PowerStrip (for additional monitor control).

Before I installed these, I used to get a "Connecting..." message, and then a failure to download codec, but then the mpeg file would play just fine.

BTW, I'm seeing this for VBR encoded mpegs made with Tmpgenc. WMP is 9.00.00.3075.

Warren

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎