Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windlin
    • May 2003

flaskmpeg just process one vob file?

I use flaskmpeg 0.6 to convert DVD,there have 5 vob files ,but it just process No.1 ,then stop.
    I exalctly follow the step of:
    A complete guide for DVD to DivX and Xvid conversion, now featuring instructions for Xvid encoding (page 2 of 5)

all seems ok but in the end it stop when the first vob file processed. who know the reason?
    thk.
    Last edited by windlin; 8 May 2003, 09:49 AM.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

Try a modified version, XiS of thunder. Thats just the way 0.6 works with vobs produced in 'movie' mode.

Comment

• windlin
      • May 2003

I'm new to that,it's the first time for me.
      so would u pls tell more detail?
      anyway,thk for ur reply.

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

on the flaskMpeg page on this site (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...flaskmpeg.html) go towards the bottom of the page, look for:
        <b>thunder.mism.zip
        For FlasK MPEG 0.6+ - its abilites include ifo parsing as well as vob file concatenation (ie. the features present in FlasK 0.594, but not in 0.6 Preview).</b> (add-on for flask 0.6)
        or
        <b>Flask_Tsunami_beta_7.exe
        Download Flask MPEG Tsunami v7 - better cropping support and fixes frame drop problems</b> (has sequential vob load support)
        or
        <b>FlaskMPEG XiS Expert! Edition
        Download Flask MPEG XiS Expert! Edition V2 - based on FlasK MPEG XiS with bug fixes and enhancements </b> (sequential vob load support, autocrop - strongly suggested if you're noobie, simplified interface)
        this are the one I've tried, other ones might do the job as well (experiment)
        As for the type of your rip, I have to know what DVD ripper you use. Both SmartRipper and DVDDecrypter allow you to re-write the vob's to a max filesize (2GB default)

Edit: if you want to join avi's created with flask 0.6, use VirtualDub (or VirtualDubMod) (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...irtualdub.html)
        Last edited by Qyd; 8 May 2003, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• iq454
          • May 2003

Hi,

If you are using Smart Ripper to rip the DVD, then follow this,

Rip the DVD in File Mode, not Movie Mode, and make sure to copy these files........

VIDEO_TS.BUP
          VIDEO_TS.IFO
          VIDEO_TS.VOB
          VTS_01_0.BUP
          VTS_01_0.IFO

If you are using another Ripper, just make sure these files are ripped with your movie.
          Normally, Smart Ripper does not auto select these files, but will auto select the movie files with this extension VOB, if you want to append all the VOB's with Flask, then these files are needed me personally I use FLASK_Decss_0.594, it has worked wonders for me for a long time and Smart Ripper, but that's me
          ---------------------------------------------------
          These are the movie files that should already be selected by Smart Ripper, so you should just need to select all the files above, Just in case the files are not selected, they look like this, and not in blue

VTS_01_0.VOB
          VTS_01_1.VOB
          VTS_01_2.VOB
          VTS_01_3.VOB
          , and however many more there are on the disk.

After you have selected all the right files and ripped to your desktop(anywhere is fine), you will be able to append them in Flask open DVD mode, don't open them in Open File mode as they will not append.....I don't think...

This is a fairly easy method even for beginners.

Compliments of Enchanter.

Hope this helps
          Last edited by iq454; 9 May 2003, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

If you are using another Ripper, just make sure these files are ripped with your movie. Normally, Smart Ripper does not auto select these files, but will auto select the movie files with this extension VOB
            wrong

smartripper creates ifo files or not depending on the checkbox setting under options; rthat's why i suggest these settings in my guide:

movie or file mode has nothing to do with ifo file creation. and bups arent needed anyway since they are nothing but backup files of the ifos.

the problem are ifo-based conversion tools like flask or its derivates.
            use more reliabel tools like virtualdub based transcoding routines ala gordianknot or DVX.

Comment

• iq454
              • May 2003

Originally posted by UncasMS
              <b>depending on the checkbox setting under options;</b>
              Exactly what I said, which the defult <b>"IS NOT!"</b>. Put your glasses on, that's your problem!!!!

Originally posted by UncasMS
              movie or file mode has nothing to do with ifo file creation
              Where do I say it does? If he decides to use file mode the default for the ifo is not checked.
              If he uses Movie mode then he has no worries now does he? Cause all the files are already selected, which means all he has to do is select max file size and make it 1 GIG so he doesn't have to do more than one VOB. His problem is it stops after the first VOB, so all this does is join the VOB's in Flask so it doesn't stop encoding when he encodes.

Why do you insist on being right all the time and putting other peoples experiences in the no go bin? And my post is a legitimate work around. Compliments of Enchanter...And yours just leads to more headaches with no solution at all. If you think you know everything, why don't you tell him instead of taking him to another guide that doesn't explain anything of his problem?
              hence more headaches..
              Seriously, you need to put your Glasses on
              [color=sky blue]www.xfacts.com[/color]
              Last edited by iq454; 9 Nov 2003, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

windlin,

With Flask, you need to have ripped all .vob files (on which the scenes that you wish to rip reside) and the corresponding .ifo file (because you need to open this particular file in order for Flask to be able to append all corresponding .vob files together).

iq454,

"Compliments of Enchanter"

It's probably the headache I am having right now or just that I am reading a bit too quickly, but anyway, I don't quite get what you mean by this. I don't think I deserve any mention here since I had no play in this thread (until now).

Regards.

Comment

• iq454
                  • May 2003

Nah, I'm just saying the method of selecting the IFO and making the max file size in smart ripper 1GIG so flask could append them
                  and not have to encode more than 1 VOB, cause this guys problem is stopping the encode at VOB #1. That's what you told me to do about 6 months ago and it worked, so this is on the same line. So just your method I was stating is the correct method for the method I'm trying to use for a work around for this poor guy that is probably a master encoder by now
                  [color=sky blue]www.xfacts.com[/color]

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

Ah, now I understand what you meant earlier. Pardon me for not remembering you from a few months back.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎