Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dioxaz
    • May 2003

LCL 2.23 codec not working in XP...

Well, in Windows 98 SE at my home, it works great. I can encode en decode what I want with this codec. But once, I uploaded a video encoded in this format on the web (it is a digital animation wich compress very well with this codec). And some Windows XP users who wanted to play the video noticed me that the codec wasn't working in Windows XP !
    Is it normal ?
    Do anybody here have this problem with XP and LCL codec ?
    Is there an issue to make that codec work in XP ?... or was the codec just simply badly installed ?

Thank for clatifying thins to me, because, all that seems weird (and I thought that all codec should work with any OS...).

edit : hah ! Forgot to mention that it is due to WinXP incompatibility with Win9x disgned programs. Anyway, does someone has a problem even using the 'Win98 compatibility' mode ? You can download that codec here : http://www.divx-digest.com/software/lcl_codec.html

Anyone who have XP should test if this codec install or not in XP, with the 'Win98 compatibility' mode. It would help me a lot for finding an issue, I would be pleased.
    Last edited by Dioxaz; 12 May 2003, 11:56 PM.
  • Tsunami
    • Mar 2003

.oOo.

Copy the files avimszh.dll and avizlib.dll into windows\system32 and cut the text below and paste it into a plain text file 'avimszh.reg', then doubleclick on it.

for AVImszh :

--- cut ---
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "vidc.mszh"="avimszh.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc]
    "avimszh.dll"="AVImszh Codec"
    --- cut ---

for AVIzlib :

--- cut ---
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "vidc.zlib"="avizlib.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc]
    "avizlib.dll"="AVIzlib Codec"
    --- cut ---

I put those two codecs into my Filter-Pack 4.0.0, so the installation will be without harm.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Tsunami where will 4.0.0 be hosted?

Comment

• Dioxaz
        • May 2003

Wow ! Thanks a lot . And it is garanteed that the codec works without crashing ? (when encoding or decoding an AVI file)

Anyway, since that time, I've found another loss-less codec called CamStudio (it can be found here for the curious : http://www.rendersoftware.com/download/camcodecdll.zip ). It compresses better and should work under Windows XP.

I will take note of this because there are things that AVIZlib does and CamCodec still doesn't (Null Frame, YUV sub-sampling).

It will be helpful the day I'll have XP on my comp (because, I still want to use the old AVIZlib anyway).

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

Tsunami where will 4.0.0 be hosted?
          i guess i know one possible place

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

I would host it if I had a darn server.