Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray3d
    • Feb 2003

erase and rewrite on DVD+RW?

I am burning DVDs on a SONY DVD+RW DRU-120A. The media I am using is labeled "DVD+RW". However, when I try to erase or rewrite a disc using either "B's Gold" or "Nero Burn or Express", I get error codes stating that the medium in the drawer is incorrect or not recognized. The discs play OK, but will not re-write or erase.

I'm pretty new to this. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You didn't, by any chance, FORMAT the R/W DVD so that it can be read from and written to as if it were another drive?

Comment

• ray3d
      • Feb 2003

DVD+RW erase

I didn't intentionally format my DVDs as you describe. Some of them are Video DVDs, others are data discs.

Is there a place where I may check whether or not I inadvertently formatted the DVDs in an incompatible manner?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"whether or not I inadvertently formatted the DVDs in an incompatible manner?"

It would be virtually impossible to other-than-intentionally format a DVD R/W...

I'd suggest you put an UNUSED one into your burner and from within NERO select "Media Information", to determine if it is truly a R/W (or examine it under DVDDecrypter)...

Comment

• ray3d
          • Feb 2003

DVD+RW

In "disc info", it says that my media are DVD+R. On the disc itself, it first says "RW", followed by "DVD+R". So, I guess it is record only.

Now my question is, why does it call itself "RW" in the first place?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Now my question is, why does it call itself "RW" in the first place?"

You'd have to ask the folks from whom you purchased them...

Comment

Working...