Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeZ
    • Jun 2003

Can anybody help me burn a movie to svcd with good quality

Hey, Im a newblet at burning dvd's... And I have this one movie that I want to burn in a GOOD quality.. Some one help me

-MeZ
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

what kind of answer do you expect to a posting like that?

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Use DVD2SVCD....do lots of reading (and I mean literally lots) at doom9.org (see guides and forum) and Uncas's site. Then make "good quality" rips.

Comment

• edwdecker
        • Jul 2003

Burning a movie to SVCD. . . beautifully!

Get a copy Smartripper (a link to it is found on this site) and install it (for copying and decrypting the files from your DVD and storing them onto your hard drive). Then download DVDx 2.2 (freeware) from a link on this digital-digest forum.

If you install the software, then look into the directory where it is installed (c:\Program Files\Dvdx) you'll even find a complete and simple web-page (html) guide for using the program!

I have been using this program for 7 months, and it's great! If you only watch your videos on your computer, then I suggest using the Divx software codec (available at www.divx.com) and converting your DVD files to divx instead of VCD or SVCD. The only advantage to VCD/SVCD is you can play them in a standalone DVD player--but the quality is MUCH greater with divx (almost as good as the original DVD, when viewed on a computer).

There are lots of online guides posted on the internet and on this site, for using the programs I mentioned above, and others as well. But DVDx is about the simplest way to do it for a beginner.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎