Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanmanX
    • Nov 2001

Macrovision SUCKS

Macrovision is the worst form of "copy protection" I have ever seen. Before I got my new television, I had to run my dvd player thru the VCR. Every damn time I watch something "CPd" I had to disabled Craprovision b/c it was activated through my vcr no matter what. I put up with this shit for months...and finally outputted my DVD player to my new TV directly...no more Craprovision.

Copy protection is useless. Always has and always will be.
  • Fruitmaker
    • Nov 2001

i got a really cheap DVD-Player... its the gold old "Cyberhome"... up to Version SDL528 you can deactivate Macrovision directly in your DVD-Player. Perhaps that is possible with your player, too...

just search the web...

have fun
    There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

• mattward2k
      PHP Guru
      • Nov 2001

I also have the DVD Player. I have managed to deactivate the region encoding (which is really easy, as you probably know) - but how do you deactivate the Macrovision?
      Matthew Ward
      email@nancies.org.uk
      http://www.nancies.org.uk/

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

you could also get an apex...they are firmware upgradeable to be region free and macrovision free.they also play ALMOST every format of discs
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• Fruitmaker
          • Nov 2001

in my menu, i can choose "macrovision" and set it to "0" or "1". If i set it to "0", macrovision is deactivated.
          There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

I've also got an Apex (but here in Australia, they are rebadged as Hitekers) - the old AD-600A still with the built in "hidden" menu for auto/manual region selection and macrovision on/off. It does have a few problems with branching discs (eg. Independence Day, T2 : Ultimate DVD Edition), but works great with the rest of my discs. I've also got a newer model of the Apex, which doesn't have the menu, but can be made region/macro free using a firmware flash CD.

If DVD players had RF outputs to connect to TVs that doesn't have composite/S-Video inputs, then I can understand the need for Macrovision - I do not want to have to purchase an extra composite->RF converter (or a new TV), just so I can watch some DVDs.

Unfortunately, the situation is the same with DVD playback on computers with TV-output cards - and while there are some hacks that can make playback possible (http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/su...crovision.html), the situation is far from perfect.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Simon T
              • Nov 2001

I hate it

Yep, it really sucks.

But I think it's normal that the makers have built in a security, otherwise it would be too easy. And is cracking not our idea of fun???
              Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• Burnmore
                • Dec 2001

I Agree

I have to agree. Macrovision is starting to sound a bit like someone else we all know. Hmmmmmmmmm,,, anyone come to mind? I just want to view DVDs on a larger screen. If I wanted to make a copy for crying outloud, I'd just do it.

Comment

• Wer-Al Zwowe
                  • Dec 2001

In many countries you are alowed to make a backup of a movie. This is almost impossible with macrovision. So macrovision should be forbidden.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎