Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulo-c
    • Jul 2003

.avi won't play...been trying for 3 days

Guys, i've just registered today because i want to fix the situation that i am having right now.

Ok, i've been trying to fix my problem for 3 days now since morning till night, but my avi file wont just play correctly. Ive tried to download over 10 massive codecs along with different kinds of players, searched, and went to yahoo! chat in order to solve my problem, but no luck till now.

See..I have this anime called SlamDunk that ive bought on ebay and i think its been downloaded over the internet, and have been burned to a DVD-R disk, and it can only be played on a DVD rom on a computer.

The first 34 episodes were working just fine until one day I played the 35th episode and when i got to the middle part it just stopped playing correctly. Now i couldn't even play the first 34 episodes correctly that were working before.

I have been looking for program called "Codec Sniper" but I couldn't find it anywhere, because I wanna delete all the codecs that i've previoulsy downloaded to start all over again from the beginning and keep on trying, because ive been wanting to watch this movie so bad.

So if any of you guys come accross this message, I am asking you for a favor to help me out here of any kind. Thanks a lot!

Info:

Operating System: Windows ME
    Drives: CD Rom, DVD Rom
  • 1GKar
    • May 2002

Paulo,

Codec Sniper is part of Tsunami filter pack 3_9_9. It is available from UncasMS' site. Make sure you get the full install, not the mini pack.

If you need to see what filters you have registered, one quick way is to install Zoomplayer and go to the manual filters page in preferences and click on <registered filter manager>.

Good luck

Comment

• paulo-c
      • Jul 2003

thanks a lot 1KGAR for your help. ive found "code sniper" and was able to delete all the codecs stored in my computer and reinstalled them with "Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.9".

But the only problem that I am facing right now is that everytime I play the .avi file, it won't play correctly. It stops for a few seconds (more like a minute) then starts on again with the sound and sometimes along with video.

I have included an info. below from NanDUB:
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Open VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Open Video File" and put a checkmark next to "Popup extended Open options"

3) Select your problem .AVI and click on "Open"

4) Put a checkmark next to "Re-derive keyframe flags" and click on "OK"

5) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• paulo-c
          • Jul 2003

Setarip, unfortunately, it didn't work...it had an error saying something like "Failure streaming avi video: the specified device can not be read"

So...what's wrong with the videos. Please respond ASAP and thanks for your help by the way!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It would appear then that you've got an unrecoverable, incomplete file...

Comment

• paulo-c
              • Jul 2003

So...Setarip I can't do anything about it. Well, at least i know what's wrong with it. Thanks a whole lot for the guys who helped me out.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...