Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyg
    • Apr 2002

Sound trouble when converting......

Having had a few setbacks with various problems (and overcome them) I'm now ending up with very good quality VCD's but have a slight problem on the sound and I don't know what can be causing it.

I'm using TMPGEnc with the environmental setting for direct show multimedia file reader set to high priority. Am using highest quality for the conversion. There are no sync problems on the resulting MPEG. The sound is good quality but every so often (seems totally at random), there are sound 'drop outs' for about a second and then the sound comes back. The sound remains in sync throughout. It's as if someone has pressed 'mute' and then pressed it again to get the sound back.

I have checked the source files and these 'drop outs' are not present on them. Any clues as this one has got me really baffled??!! Would the fact that I'm using my motherboards onboard sound chip make a difference as opposed to using a sound card? TIA
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Am using highest quality for the conversion."

This is a wasted effort - and may actually be at the root of your problem. Try setting "Motion search precision" to "Normal" instead...

Comment

• andyg
      • Apr 2002

sound trouble....

Thanks setarip... Will give that a go and let you know if it works.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks setarip..."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...