Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishback
    • Jul 2003

no div3 playback?

I can't playback div3 movies in windows media player anymore, I haven't made any changes recently to the codecs it seems like they just stopped working. All the later divx and xvid codecs worked fine even though I had no div3 playback.

I uninstalled all of the codecs I could find through windows and installed Tsunami filter pack 3.9.9 and still had the same problem. I've also tried uninstalling tsunami 3.9.9 and just installing fddshow but still have the same problem.

When I use codec sniper I have a good size list of codecs even though I have uninstalled alot. Can I delete all of the codecs shown by codec sniper and then install tsunami 3.9.9 or will deleting all the codecs kill WMP as its seems some people have had that happen?

I know I can always just watch the div3 stuff in divx player but it pisses me off that I used to be able to watch it fine in media player and now I can't.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Have you made sure that FFDShow has been set to playing "DIV3" contents and whether those files play alright?

Comment

• Fishback
      • Jul 2003

Yeah fddshow is set to play div3 ie. the div3 box is checked and I have watched these files in WMP before. They also run in virtualdub fine.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎