X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrk
    • Jul 2003

Class not registered

Yeah, the usual. Incomplete file.

However! I have had this file for over a year on a cd, and have watched it multiple times. The codecs/filters have been somewhat different every time however.

There is a prog that allows viewing incomplete avi files. I know, cuz I've had one. and that's really the only explanation to why I could've watched the file before.

So, what's up?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Class not registered"

This can also indicate that you don't have the required codec installed. In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Mrk
      • Jul 2003

Ok, when it had first opened the file, it said:

AVI: Index not found or damaged - reconstructing via file scan
      AVI: Invalid chunk detected at 2161217116313. Enabling aggressive recovery mode.

Check attachment for the file information box. Help, please! I can't find this file anywhere anymore!

EDIT: Oh! And it would seem that the file works in the VirtualDub interface! So what's the problem? Codec missing? I think I have every DivX codec, as well as Xvid and some others too. So is it the Low-motion thing I'm missing?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mrk; 21 Jul 2003, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

it's the divx 3.11 alpha http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html
        make shure you have the codec installed;
        when you open the file in virtualdub, check 'popup extended open options' , than re-derive key-frame flags (helps for incomplete avi files, where the index block is located at the end of the file); wait till the files open, might take some minutes, then re-encode it.
        edit: the file info posted shows one key-frame only, i'm curious if that would change after 're-derive keyframes'
        Last edited by Qyd; 21 Jul 2003, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Before you follow Qyd's perfectly valid suggestion, first try a simpler (and faster) concept:

1) Once again load the file into VirtualDub

2) After it's finished reconstructing the index block, set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Mrk
            • Jul 2003

Qyd, how exactly do I re-encode it? Just save it with a new filename?

I'm currently trying the 'faster way'. I'll inform of the outcome after a while...

Comment

• Mrk
              • Jul 2003

setarip, I still can't believe it, I don't know what it did, but IT WORKED!!

Thanks a bunch, guys!!

Now the only thing that bothers me is why did it USE to work from the CD...?

Well, gotta burn the damned thing AGAIN..!

again, thanks!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"setarip, I still can't believe it, I don't know what it did, but IT WORKED!! Thanks a bunch, guys!! "

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...