• Show
Clear All
  • darkcrawlerz
    • Aug 2003

Slow MPEG, Slow movies

Ok I installed the following codecs:
    DIVX
    XVID
    and using cyber link dvd 5. I downloaded daredevil and its an SVCD or something. Anyways it goes really slow when I try to watch it on my
    P3 1 GHz
    512 MB ram
    Plenty of HD space

Any help pelase i even formatted and installed Windows 2003 server so better perfromance. Help please
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

What are your free resurces like when trying to run the video, that will rule out your system. check using the ctrl alt delete.

Also, how you finding that Windows Server 2003. What is the format like Windows XP?
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• darkcrawlerz
      • Aug 2003

WIN2k3 is mostly like XP but i found it a bit better. I start my computer with no programs running and i have alot of free resources almost no programs running.

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Yeah, your system seems fine to me. What application are you trying to run it in. I found problems with WM9 with certain Xvid movies. however, WinDVD, with the right codecs installed, has never failed me yet. It could also be that you have more than one of each codec installed. These can have conflictions with each other causing undesirable effects, such as the problem you are having.

Do you find Win2k3 more stable than XP?

Comment

• darkcrawlerz
          • Aug 2003

I do not have more then one of each codec installed. Win2k3 is the most stable OS I have used (besides Linux). It automatically has most services disabled like messanger or MSN messanger. I just did some tweaking and it now runs like a workstation with better performance, speed, and stability.

Comment

• darkcrawlerz
            • Aug 2003

WINDVD did the trick. I also installed the latest Direct X 9.0b and now everything is working. Thanks

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

Glad you got it sorted. I might look into the Win2k3 OS cuz, currently i find that with XP Pro Corp edition, it isnt the most stable OS available.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎