Tv-out problems: i see black & white

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndaifrank
    • Nov 2003

black/white problem solved (without any cables!)

Hello everyone!

just like a lot of people, I also had black and white screen with my nvidia GForce4 mx 440 (64 mb).

I almost went to the store to buy the stuff to make the cable, till I looked at google 1 more time (because I just couldn't believe it wasn't possible without the cable).

I finally got the solution, it's actually very simple. (btw... I'm from Holland, so I have a pal tv).

First, I just put the 4 pin cable on the tv-out of my card, to the yellow cable (s-video) input of my tv (philips).
    Then, I started my computer (without my vga-screen on my pc). Everything, the whole startup is in b/w.

Now, go to screen settings, advanced and there choose the tab 'GeForce4'. (btw... you must have the nvidia software installed! ....offcourse... d/l latest nvidia driver at http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp))

I'm using my monitor now, and can't see the setting right now... seems you must have a tv hooked on to see the setting. (my tv is in another room... )
    But, when your tv is on your computer, first you can set the tv format, pal, secam... whatever..., and now finally the important setting:

somewhere (sorry, cant see where right now), you can choose 3 options: s-video, combined bla bla... and automatic setting.
    The default option is automatic, but you have to choose 'combined.....'

If you do you will see everything in full color! (no more vcd converting!! (or you must like Charly Chaplin movies... )

I hope you can find it, but... if you know you have to look for 'automatic configuration' or something, cant be very hard I think.

good luck everyone!

Riquémion
    Last edited by ndaifrank; 17 Nov 2003, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• steve@visuals-3
      • Sep 2005

SCART and SCART in B&W

I've had this problem with X-box and other (PAL) SCART devices going into AV1 and AV2 on the TV - not even using S-Video! I had a DVD player going to AV1 and Video to AV2 both using SCART cables. The DVD would play in colour while the video would playback in black and white - even though the TV signal through the video was in colour. I switched the connections over so they were reversed and all was fine. I never quite figured it out (only the inputs were changed - I don't think I changed the cables)
      My suspicion is that some TV's which actively sense a signal on the AV1 socket may have something to do with this - as whenever a signal is on both channels the TV (panasonic TV and video recorder) automatically selects AV1. So maybe the signal sensing feature on the TV is disrupting the chroma somehow?
      This all happened months ago so I can't recall 100%

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...