X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • learn42lives
    • Aug 2003

REQ: FPS Rate Utility?

Hi friends,

I need to determine, the FPS rate of a couple of VOB and AVI files. Is there a simple utility which can give statistical info including fps rate? Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

For .AVIs, you can simply rightclick on the file and select "Properties" - and then click on the "Details" tab. If you require more information, load the file into Virtual Dub (or one of its variants) and from the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information".

In the U.S., I believe you'll find that .VOBs for most, if not all, commercial DVDs have an indicated combined video/audio bitrate of 9,800kbps...

Just curious - Why are you seeking this type of information?

Comment

• shiny#3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jul 2003

9.8 mbits/s is the maximum bitrate limit of a dvd, afaik

but most have less if you have powerdvd check the videoinformation display.

Comment

• learn42lives
        • Aug 2003

Thanks setarip, I am complete newbee, therefoe my queries might often be meaningless, as I am right now, trying to feel my way through divx encoding.

Thanks for the information regarding finding the bitrate of avi files, through windows explorer. It is a useful bit of info, which I am sure, I will be needing pretty soon.

Currently, however, I wanted to know how to determine the Frame Per Second Rate of a Vob (as well as a DivX) file. I am currently using subcreator to sync subtitles from a dvd rip. For this, the framerate of the movie is needed. That is why, I put the above query .

Thanks shiny#3. I do not have powerdvd, but I can download a trial version and check it out. Are there other such apps as well, which can give the info needed.

Does there exist a windows explorer shell add-on, which can give the framerate and other infos about VOB (and/or Divx) files.

Thanks.

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

the most popular analysis tool for divx , xvid, ms mpeg4....

is Gspot , that you can download at the softwaresection of this site. click divx digest on top of this site and refer to software in the new site.

vob and mpeg files ..... I don´t know since my favorite freewareplayer BS player reveals that information so I have not been looking any further. MV2 player is also highly recommended.
          but they can play decrypted vobs only if you have an apropriate codec installed

Comment

• learn42lives
            • Aug 2003

Thanks shiny#3. I downloaded GSpot, and it is a very nice application for many Video formats. I also tried BX Player, and that too provided me the information I needed for the VOB file (GSpot, does not yet support VOB file info).In the meantime, I also tried MPEGFlask and DVD2AVI, and both came up with the FPS and other infos.

It would be nice though, if one can find a windows explorer context menu utility for VOB files (the context menu properties tab already shows such info for avi files,as setarip mentioned).

Comment

• shiny#3
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jul 2003

as I mentioned I do rely on the information that all the ripping
              conversion authoring tools and players provide me with.

if you like to have additional information using windows explorer routines I suggest that you check the microsoft knowlegde base
              or assorted page for it or just do a google search.

and then come back and be good enough to share your gained insights with us.

good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎