Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jucius_Maximus
    • Jan 2002

Pioneer Drive RPC-1 and region free solution

OK I have some questions about the procedure with the Pioneer 106S drive and region free solutions .... here's what I did:

0. The drive was first installed and set to region 1 with 4 changes remaining.

1. Installed Mr. Kirill's patched firmware 1.22 and then the machine said that the drive had no region set and 1 change remaining...did not set a region.

2. Started PowerDVD 4.0 XP (no DVD Genie) and put in a Region 1 disc (crouching tiger hidden dragon) and it popped up a box asking me to select a region ... I selected region 1.

3. Then I went back to the DVD properties window in the device manager. It showed the selected region as region 1 but still with 1 change remaining.

Is this consistent with what should happen after the firmware patch is installed? Or did I screw up? Are any more steps needed for a region-free solution? I don't actually have any non-region-1 discs to test it unfortunately.
    Last edited by Jucius_Maximus; 24 Jan 2002, 12:13 PM.
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

It sounds like you've done alright, but you're basically screwed for making sure until you get another region disc.
    Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Jucius_Maximus
      • Jan 2002

It sounds like you've done alright, but you're basically screwed for making sure until you get another region disc.
      OK thanks ... I was somewhat confused because I ran CDVDINFO 1.3.5 and it said that the drive was region locked. Then I ran Drive Region Info 2.1 and it said that there was no region protection.

If I had had my head on straight, I would have done this before and after the flash so I could see the change.

Comment

• Trancemaster
        Snoogins
        • Dec 2001

I have a Hitachi GD-7500 flashed with a hacked firmware and have no problems playing Region 1 and 2 discs. I downloaded CDVDIno to test it, and to start with it said the drive had no region protection. However, when I switched to my other drive and back again, it said the drive was locked!

DriveInfo gave me a result of no region coding.

Maybe CDVDInfo is just a bit cack.
        Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

Working...