Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DazCarter
    • Aug 2003

How to backup Matrix Reloaded

Been trying all ways to make a backup of The Matrix Reloaded DVD, and which ever way I try whether it be via Smartripper / MovieJack / DVDXCopy I have the same issue:-

The DVD plays fine on a PC but stops after 4 seconds in chapter 1 on a conventional standalone DVD player????

Anyone conquered this one yet?

There must be something clever happening 4 seconds into the movie. If this can't be fixed is there any way of making the movie start 5 seconds into chapter one?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

More info:-
    The Matrix Reloaded is a DVD 9 and has to be split onto 2 DVD-R's. The second disc plays fine on a standalone, whereas the first disc stops after 4 seconds in chapter 1.

I have just found out that when disc 1 is stopped, if I press the FF (Fast Forward) button on my remote then the Play button the movie continues normally. Even though I can now play the DVD on a standalone why does it stop?????

If anyone can throw some light on this I would be grateful.

P.S. I have now burnt 4 DVD-R's of disc 1 and 2 DVD+RW's and therefore it's not my media at fault because they all stop after 4 seconds.

Last edited by DazCarter; 29 Aug 2003, 07:47 AM.
  • mindless25
    • Jul 2003

chk ur pm

Comment

• Orlando
      • Mar 2003

So, where did you get a DVD copy of the Matrix Reloaded?

Comment

• DazCarter
        • Aug 2003

Not a copy

It's not a copy its an original which will be sold later next month.

Comment

• rpalagy
          • Sep 2003

backup matrix

So specifically how do you split up the disk over 2 DVD-R's. What are the exact steps?

I can see Video_TS folders after I rip them with the various VOB files but how do I know where I want to split the movie in2?

Comment

• DazCarter
            • Aug 2003

To split a movie when it's greater than 4.7Gb I use DVDXCopy or IFOEdit. These have built in features for you to do this with. You can't just divide up the VOBS - if only it was that easy .

Anyway - without any cost or effort you can get IfoEdit for free. Just type in IFOEDIT into Google or some other search engine to find their website.

Happy splitting!
            Daz

Comment

• pontfirebird73
              • Apr 2002

i copied matrix reloaded. i also had problems with dvd xcopy and dvd shrink so i ripped the entire movie with dvd decrypter then i used clonedvd to compress and burn. and it playes fine in my 10 dvd players (3 computer dvd players)

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

I have done it fine with DVD shrink v3 b5 (full disk) and CCE (movie only). It got compressed it by 26%.

There is not much in them regarding picture quality.

Disc two is just 3.5GB and nt really worth doing.

Comment

• supertrooper105
                  • Sep 2003

matrix reloaded

i have just backed up my copy of matrix re-loaded. i used clone dvd and anydvd. i have the plextor708a and i used packard bell dvd-r. it worked perfectly. i just copied the film and it plays great on my standalone dvd

Comment

• DazCarter
                    • Aug 2003

Thanx!

Thanx fellas!

Comment

• DjTek
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by pontfirebird73
                      i copied matrix reloaded. i also had problems with dvd xcopy and dvd shrink so i ripped the entire movie with dvd decrypter then i used clonedvd to compress and burn. and it playes fine in my 10 dvd players (3 computer dvd players)

can you or anyone else explain:
                      1) what method you used to decrypt, file or ISO?
                      2) how you compressed it with clonedvd, I have it and I dont see any option where you can select output or compression... thanks

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

It would have beeen decrypted in file mode (all files). ISO is used only to decrypt DVD 5 (rather than DVD 9 - dual layer) DVD's, so they can be burned by Decrypter.

CloneDVD sets the compression itself, you have no control over how much compression is used, Even when you deselect titles, the compression for the film stays the same. It should get less. This will be sorted out for the next release of the software.

You just select what you want on the disc and then burn the disc. The compression is automatic. The other problem with this, is sometimes you don't fill up a disc completely and waste space.

Comment

• DjTek
                          • Oct 2003

ok well i just did this, and it says No disc when i put it in my player.
                          I used file mode, then in clonedvd i used clone dvd option and only selected the movie file, english language and subtitles only. should i have used the "write existing data" option?

Comment

• nwg
                            Left *****
                            • Jun 2003

What player do you have? Some players don't work with - or + discs.

Comment

• DjTek
                              • Oct 2003

i have a apex player and its worked fine with the other 15 movies ive backed up, same media used too

Edit: actually this one was a dvd +R , and the other ones were a dvd +RW , could that be why?
                              Last edited by DjTek; 27 Oct 2003, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...